York's Large Diameter Boring Bars are specially designed for the shipbuilding industry. Boring diameters from 400mm to 1800mm.
The Model 2000 machine uses an 8" diameter boring bar to machine bores from 16" to 60" diameter.
The Model 2500 machine uses a 10" diameter boring bar for boring from 28" to 72" diameter.
The boring bar comes chrome plated and has two leadscrews at 180 degrees to feed the cutter head smoothly along the full length. The bars are available in lengths of 30'. Both machines are powered by a 40 HP hydraulic power unit that features a hand held remote control for setting the feeds and speeds. If you have large bores that need machining, York has the machine to do the job.
- Boring diameters from 400mm to 1800mm
- Spherical roller bearings allow up to 10 degrees of alignment adjustment.
- Chromed boring bar with twin lead screws for balanced feeding.
- Variable bar rotation speed and direction using hand held remote control.
- Variable feed rate and direction using hand held remote control.
- 40HP(30Kw) hydraulic power unit producing 3045 ft/lb (4128Nm) of torque.
- Uses standard carbide tooling with replaceable inserts.
- Optional facing tool available